According to the American Dental Association, at least 13% of all injuries to the mouth occur during sports activities. While helmets, shoulder pads, shin guards, and the like do a great job of protecting most of the body, Dr. Thompson would like to make sure that every athlete knows how to keep their teeth safe from harm. No Portales parent should have to worry about their child’s teeth during the game, so at Thompson Smiles we would like to talk about how to take sports safety to the next level.
If we told you that your mouth is the site of a constant battle between teeth and bacteria, would you believe us? Alright, maybe it’s not that dramatic, but the fact that Portales teeth are always at risk of developing dental caries is no exaggeration. In case you’ve never heard about caries, Dr. Thompson is going to take this opportunity to shed some light on what it is, how to stop it, and what Thompson Smiles can do to help.
Dr. Thompson’s Associations
- Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies Graduate
- Fellow of the Misch International Implant Institute
- Fellow of Academy of General Dentistry
- Fellow of the Dental Organization of Conscious Sedation
- Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologist
- See all of Dr. Thompson's associations
Monday10:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday8:00am - 3:00pm
Wednesday8:00am - 3:00pm
Thursday8:00am - 3:00pm
FridayBusiness Office Only 8:00am - 12:00pm