Restorative dental medicine has come a long way. Only a few years ago, a placing custom ceramic onlay could take weeks and require several dental visits. However, with CEREC that’s not the case anymore. Thanks to Dr. Thompson’s expertise and advances in dental technology, you can improve your smile with a custom-made crown in a single visit.
Here’s how CEREC works:
- Using a 3D digital camera, Dr. Thompson captures an optical impression of your tooth. We don’t even have to take a mold.
- Dr. Thompson uses state-of-the-art CAD/CAM software to design a tailor-made restoration.
- A 3D digital file is sent to an in-office milling machine right in our office and your custom restoration will be ready in as little as 15 minutes.
- With the help of specialized bonding materials and hardening light, Dr. Thompson places the crown, ensuring a perfect, natural-looking fit.
And all of this takes place during one visit!
Serving residents of Carlsbad, NM Dr. Thompson offers general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry services, including CEREC onlays. Call (575) 268-0007 to schedule your appointment and take the first step towards a healthier, happier smile.
Dr. Thompson’s Associations
- Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies Graduate
- Fellow of the Misch International Implant Institute
- Fellow of Academy of General Dentistry
- Fellow of the Dental Organization of Conscious Sedation
- Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologist
- See all of Dr. Thompson's associations
Monday10:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday8:00am - 3:00pm
Wednesday8:00am - 3:00pm
Thursday8:00am - 3:00pm
FridayBusiness Office Only 8:00am - 12:00pm