One out of every 10 Americans suffers from chronic headaches and they spend over half a billion dollars every year for over-the-counter medications to relieve their pain.
Many are misdiagnosed as having “migraines” and they live their lives believing they will never live without headaches. They never imagine that their headaches may be caused by a poor TMJ relationship and that their pain is the result of a bad bite.
At your Portales dentist, Dr. Thompson’s office, we know a bad bite can put your jaw-to-skull relationship out of alignment.
When this happens, TMJ or TMD symptoms occur. This cluster of symptoms can include:
- ear ringing
- loud jaw clicking
- stiffness and pain in the jaw, neck, shoulders and back
- pressure behind the eyes
- numbness in the fingertips
This cluster has puzzled doctors in the past. Now we can put a name to it: Temporomandibular Joint Disorder (TMJ, TMD, or TMJD).
According to recent studies, more than 40 million Americans suffer with TMJ problems or MPD (Myofascial Pain Dysfunction). The good news is that Dr. Thompson is taking the lead in finding solutions.
If you, or someone you love, suffer from the symptoms of TMJ, set up and appointment by calling us at (575) 268-0007 soon. You may find that TMJD is the missing piece in the puzzle — and, that the treatment works! TMJ treatment could change your life.
Dr. Thompson’s Associations
- Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies Graduate
- Fellow of the Misch International Implant Institute
- Fellow of Academy of General Dentistry
- Fellow of the Dental Organization of Conscious Sedation
- Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologist
- See all of Dr. Thompson's associations
Monday10:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday8:00am - 3:00pm
Wednesday8:00am - 3:00pm
Thursday8:00am - 3:00pm
FridayBusiness Office Only 8:00am - 12:00pm